Dating back to 1889, the Earl of Bandon gifted this property to the Church of Ireland to accommodate the local school teacher. Still with many of its original features and character, this beautiful Victorian residence is refreshing and has so much to offer.
Today, 'Teachers Residence' has been extended and upgraded to modern living standards whilst being respectful of its historic roots. The property itself has a south facing aspect. It benefits from a generous sheltered garden and patio areas with mature trees and shrubs, all enjoying fabulous countryside views with Mount Gabriel to the South West.
Upon entering through the original front door, you are greeted with original floor tiles and once inside, wonderfully high ceilings are revealed. Fantastic placement of windows contributes to the light, bright and airy feel of this property.
Entrance porch - featuring original front door & floor tiles (1.3m x 1.9m)
Hallway - Wooden floor (4.2m x 1.6m)
Living Room - with open fireplace and double aspect windows (4.5m 3.3m)
Dining room - with solid fuel stove. Tiled floor. (4.2m x 3.3m)
Kitchen with pantry - tiled floor (1.7m x 4.3m)
Rear entrance porch (1.5m x 1.1m)
Large Utility Room with airing cupboard, large hot water tank & storage - double doors opening onto back patio. (3.5m x 3.0m)
Original staircase leading to first floor.
Family bathroom - bath, electric shower, WC & WHB (3.0m x 1.5m)
Shower room - with power shower, WC & WHB (2.0m x 1.9m)
Bedroom 1 - south facing double aspect windows (2.6m x 4.2m)
Bedroom 2 - south facing double aspect windows (2.6m x 4.2m)
Bedroom 3 - east facing window (2.6m x 3.3m)
Bedroom 4/Office - West facing window (2.6m x 3.3m)
Extension added in 2005.
Roof was replaced in 2007.
Exterior re-plastered in 2012.
Private water and septic tank.
4km to Ballydehob village.
9.5km to Schull village.
BER: E1 BER No.116426263 Energy Performance Indicator:319.8 kWh/m²/yr