Of Russian extract, citizen of Sweden, he had a penchant for abandoned Irish stone built pre famine farmhouses, restoring and giving new purpose to them..... an extraordinary flair!
This is one such property, tastefully restored and extended to have every modern convenience, where there may have been cows, or maybe a few pigs, now there could be a luxury en suite bedroom, or a dining room.... all spaces are thoughtfully used, not necessarily in the order in which one might expect..... and all set amidst carefully planted gardens.
Wonderful private site set in a secluded location on c. 1.73 acres of mature landscaped gardens - an oasis of calm, tranquillity and privacy. The site is accessed via private road.
• Located on the Wild Atlantic Way with views of both mountain and countryside as well as distant views of the Atlantic Ocean to the south and of Dunmanus Bay to the west.
• This property have been recently refurbished to the highest standards and include Sky TV, satellite internet and wifi.
• Landscaped garden features include a stone-walled vegetable and herb garden, a tranquil fresh water pond, multiple terraces and many secluded areas.
• House - 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large open plan kitchen with high ceilings, living room with open fire, large conservatory with stove, utility room.
• Lean-to houses the boiler-room and storage, garden shed, oil-fired central heating, water-source via natural well, private parking area.
• Nearest pier/beach for swimming is five minutes from the house.
This property is located 7.5km from Durrus (10 minutes drive) and 10km from Schull (15 minutes drive).
Strictly by appointment only- Colm Cleary 086-1722276